Welcome! I’m Sarah, the founder of Save the Effort and I’m glad you’re here.
When I’m not working at my corporate job you can find me searching for ways to live my best life. Some of my favorite things are spending time with my loving family, getting fit, traveling and of course, making things easier.
I created Save the Effort after I became fed up with how long things were taking me to get done. I would spend hours searching the web for one tiny little thing and fail to find the actionable, relevant and easy to follow instructions that I felt should be at my finger tips. With billions of web pages out there you would think things would be easier.
My goal is to help you tackle your dreams and goals in a fraction of the time it took me. I want you to have the real story, not some made up version of “rose colored” glasses that you often find. Life is hard and it’s messy, but it doesn’t have to be. It can be easier.
A few things I believe in:
- Getting started is the hardest thing
- “Done,” not “perfect” works in most scenarios.
- Needing to be “perfect” will prevent you from trying most things.
- Knowing what to expect can help you jump out of your comfort zone and accomplish your goals.
- Planning can mean the difference between success and failure.
What kinds of things will you find on Save the Effort?
- How to make things easier and more efficient
- How to work towards becoming financially independent
- How to make travel easier
- How to eliminate distractions thus saving time and effort allow you to reach your goals faster and easier.
Whether your goal is big or small, I hope you’ll join me to reach your goals faster and easier so you can spend more time on the things you love!
More fun things to know about me.
- I’m financially independent but I still work in the corporate world. After all, ‘one-more-year,’ right?
- I love eating white cheddar popcorn. So good.
- I frequently spend time walking upside down on my hands.
- I’m an avid Crossfitter.
- I once watched my friend accidentally push Tom Green off a curb and get called an a$$!*&# for it.
- I believe “knocking on wood” actually matters.
- I love my family even if they sometimes drive me crazy.
- I’d love to have a cat, but I’m allergic. [No, I won’t be getting allergy shots and no I’m not going to get a “hairless, hypoallergenic, allergy-free” cat, thanks. Besides any cat I got would probably eat me within 24 hours if I died anyway. They’re still cute though.]
- I’m one half of a DINK marriage and damn proud of it. (Hi Sweetheart! (｡♥‿♥｡) )
- One day I want to go spend the night in an ‘igloo’ with a glass ceiling and watch the northern lights.
- I have at least 10 bars of 72% cacao dark chocolate in my freezer right now.
- Zelda – Breath of the Wild is awesome.
Enough said. Let’s get to making things easier.